Germany flag

Germany flag

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Soccer is Big in Germany


Well hello momma! Well this week was a good one. Well it was okay. This week Elder Suffert and I had to go to this little missionary camp thing for the youth of south germany. This youth came up to take a look at the temple and learn how to be missionaries. It was a lot of fun there was about 100 kids there. The funny part it, Elder Suffert and I were told that all the kids were gonna be German. So he and i made our whole lesson in German not thinking there would be anyone there that would speak English. The funny thing that we didnt think about it that there are a lot of military bases in South Germany so what does that mean... A lot of Americans... There were almost more Americans at this little camp thing than Germans. It was really hard though because we had to teach part and then translate and then back and forth the whole time... Really annoying but we did a good job. It was a little stressful because we had to help set up the whole thing and we only knew about it for like 5 days before the actual thing that we needed to set everything up and arrange everything. But our lesson was about finding as a missionary. It was really funny, we started out lesson off with a video that we made. It was sooo funny. What we did, was we made a film of me just finding people on the street and the other missonaries pretended to be normal people and they where like beating me up on the street and throwing food at me and ect.. But all the kids were laughing really hard because Elder Williams was an old man and he beat the crap out of me with his cane... Like really hard, we wanted it to look real so we made it real... He hit me really really hard with the cane and i still have marks on my back hahaha... 
Oh well you guessed it. Uwe got baptised! Sadly pres didnt let me go up there and do the baptism... Uwe was not too happy about that. But he was baptised by my old comp in hamburg Elder Gheen. Uwe called me right after and was crying to me telling me how happy he was and was wishing that i was there... I miss that guy sooo much. He is like one of my best friends! He is doing really really good though!!!! He also told me that all the memebers in Hamburg were really really sad that i couldnt make it, kinda cool to hear how big of an impact I made up there!!! 
 
Oh funny thing though.. Well, because pres didnt let me go up to Hamburg to watch the game pres said that i was allowed to wathch the soccer game with a fam in the ward here! That was a lot of fun actually even though i dont like soccer it was still fun! Auf GEHTS DEUTSCHLAND!!! The other cool thing is that i get to watch the game Germany vs USA. Im super stoked becasue US is doing really really good this year. Like the people here in germany are getting a little nervous but thats bad because if US wins then everyone here is gonna be ticked... Like really ticked... The people here are crazy about their soccer (Fußball). 
Well thats great that Justin is finialy home! Thats crazy that we are all staring to get to that point! I cant believe it. We are all almost done! Bennett and I are coming home at like the same time. Thats sooo crazy! Im starting to feel old on my mission now hahah... Like everyone looks at me and does whatever i say... which is not a good thing... I kinda take advantage of that hahah! ;) 
YAHOOOOO I got accepted! MOM.... Im going to collage!!!!!! cool! Im stoked... Yeah send me the list of classes and i will pick out some clases... Dont make fun if i take spanish. I really want to learn it hahah! 
Well it sounds like girly camp was good and all hahah. Im super happy that you had a good time with that  girlys in the ward. I think thats why you are going to these kinda things. Just think if you werent there what would have happened... My momma has just go the feeling!! Your awesome momma!! Well I love you lots and chat with me when you can!
Love everyone
Elder Schmidt

No comments:

Post a Comment