Germany flag

Germany flag

Saturday, June 28, 2014

A special unexpected note


Dear Brother and Sister Schmidt,

I was in the Dresden ward today and met your son, Brady.  I was part of a group of returned missionaries that was having a reunion commemorating the 25 year anniversary of missionaries returning to East Germany (and Dresden).  

My oldest daughter is currently serving in Armenia and member from USA attended her ward.  He took a picture of my daughter and sent it to us.  I was very grateful for that.  So I thought I would "pay it forward".

I reminded Elder Schmidt that today is Father's day in USA.  He wrote you a note, which I have transcribed below.

Hey dad, I wanted to wish you a happy father's day.  I hope it was a lot of fun.  I'm sure mom will tell me all about it.  I wish I could send you more than just this message but I do want to thank you for all the things you have given me and done for me.  I have always looked up to you and have always respected you, even though it may not seem like it because "I don't listen to you".  But the main thing I would like to thank you is for encouraging me to come on this mission.  Even though it's not the easiest thing in the world to do or the most fun thing to do or at some moments I wish I was home.  But I can see the changes that have happened with me.  I am sooo grateful that I came on this mission and all of the blessings that I have received.  I know I decided to come on a mission but because of you it made everything sooo much easier.  Thank you dad!  You're the best.

(Attached photo:  the older generation greeting the newest generation!)

Warm regards,
Brian Thueson
Cedar Hills, UT

No comments:

Post a Comment